Savvy Social Security Planning
What You Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income
This educational session was developed to help ensure you make the correct series of decisions when electing Social Security benefits in the context of your overall planning.
We are currently not offering this workshop, but we are always available for specific planning questions, including how to best claim Social Security benefits. Please review the following list and see where we may be able to assist you with specific information in this complicated area.
Please do not assume you understand all you need to know about Social Security or rely on advice from family and friends simply because they have already claimed benefits. We have seen many cases where less than optimal claiming decisions were previously made or potential benefits were missed. We would much rather bring you good news on the front end than tell you what you could have done after it’s too late, so please contact us to see how we can help.
You should attend if:
- You will soon be electing Social Security benefits
- You already receive benefits and want to know if you have options in the future
At this workshop you will learn:
- 5 factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- When it makes sense to delay benefits – and when it does not
- How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
- How survivor benefits work
- How divorced-spouse benefits work
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other retirement income